JGSM – MBA International Students Fall 2013
ISSO Orientation Session / Check In Instructions
Welcome New International MBA Students!
The staff of the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) looks forward to welcoming you to Cornell at our orientation session on Friday August 2, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. At this session, we will discuss important information about your visa status. We will also take care of your ISSO immigration check in, so you do not need to come to the ISSO to check in before this session.
Before the session, we ask that you please prepare the following documents:
- Make one photocopy of each of the following documents AFTER you have entered the U.S. (The Johnson school will direct you to a copier if you do not have access to one.):
- Passport identification page (the page with your photo). If you government extended or renewed your passport on another page, please copy that page, too.
- F-1 or J-1 Visa Stamp in the passport (Canadians won’t have this)
- Entry stamp in your passport where the Port of Entry officer stamps the date and writes "F-1 D/S" (this is often on the page facing the F-1 visa in your passport) OR, the I-94 Card if you were given one (the small white card that says "departure card" at the top). (you do NOT have to have both)
- PAGE 1 of the I-20 (F-1 students) or DS-2019 (J-1 students). It is important that you make the copy of this AFTER you have arrived in the U.S.
- Print out and complete the International Office “Check In Data Sheet”
- Print out and read the “F-1 Student Immigration Responsibilities” handout and sign the third page. If you are J-1, we will give you the J-1 maintaining your status form when you arrive at the session.
- Also bring your original I-20 with page 3 or DS-2019 to the session!!! (We will sign it for travel)
Please bring the materials listed above with you to the Friday August 2nd, ISSO orientation session. Please note: If you have already checked in at the ISSO, you do not need to bring the documents listed above to the ISSO orientation session.
For very useful information on getting settled in Ithaca and the U.S. check out our new "Now that you are here" web pages!
Thank you and we will see you soon!